- Any six days in the month of Shawwal (the month after Ramadhan): if one fasts those days as well as the month of Ramadhan, then one has completed his rewards so that they are equal to fasting for a year.
- Fasting Monday and Thursday, for those are the two days that one's deeds are displayed before Allah.
- Fasting three days from every month: when one does this his reward is equal to fasting for a year. This is a because a good deed is multiplied ten times . Regarding these three days, it is preferred that one fasts what are known as the "white days" - the 13th, 14th, and the 15th - of every (lunar) month.
- Fasting the first nine days of Thul-Hijjah, the most emphasized of which is the 9th, the day of 'Arafah for one who is not making the pilgrimage.
- Fasting the month of Muharram, and the most emphasized days for fasting in that month are the ninth and the tenth, which is the day of 'Ashura.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Posted by Mohib Ahmad at 8:04 PM